Hey there deviants,
Hope you're all doing well, and thanks for answering the past couple polls I've been putting out. I'm trying to find more ways to get connected with you guys and get some good feedback so I think I'll keep using those polls. I've also created an Instagram
account, where you can follow for updates. I'll try to post work in progress shots, sketches and life drawing studies for your viewing pleasure.
I'll be exhibiting in the traders section of Swancon
on Easter Friday and Saturday (3-4th April), a convention for science fiction and fantasy at the Pan Pacific Hotel Perth
Looking forward to the show which will be slightly different for me - as I'll be exhibiting purely original artwork prints (so no fan art). Will also have some of my illustrations in the art show; hopefully I won't terrify the judges too much (mwahaha...) Then after Swancon I'll be at the Perth Oz Comic-Con
(11-12th April), this time with two full tables in my booth. Cannot wait for the extra space, as it means I'll be able to put up as much art as I can on the backing board instead of trying to cram all my prints up there. And the weekend after that I'll be flying out the the Gold Coast Supanova Pop Culture Expo
(18-19th April). Both looking forward and slightly stressing out about the three weeks of shows I've got in a row, but should all work out alright (just get me lots and lots of coffeee...)
And lastly I've noticed that there are a bunch of awesome Kickstarter projects from some of my friends and inspirations that are worth a mention, so here they are below:
- Angelarium: Book of Emanations by Peter Mohrbacher
- A big influence on me, both in art style and art business, Pete's new art book of his IP world Angelarium
looks to be a professional and beautifully put together book. You can also support him creating it on Patreon
- Schoolism Subscription: Art Made Affordable
- Bobby Chiu and his gang of best of the best artists and instructors are setting up an amazing online art eductation subscription service. Check it out to get taught by the best in the industry. The more they raise in their Kickstarter campaign the cheaper the online classes will be after the project.
- Nightmares & Visions by Martin Abel
- A pin-up style art book, I've met Martin a bunch of times at the conventions and he's a great guy - and his work speaks for itself.
- Singularity by Simon A Wright
- A 156 page black and white comic from a fellow artist's alley buddy of mine. He's only $200 off his target to make this project go through - check it out!
So let me know if you have any questions or queries about anything, I'm always happy to help if I can. All the best guys, and hope you all have a good one!